Translation of the AppDB

Yaron Shahrabani sh.yaron at
Tue Oct 19 05:12:33 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Austin English <austinenglish at>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron at>
> wrote:
> > Is there any way to localize the AppDB?
> > The Israeli community assumes that having a Hebrew system will make more
> > users report issues.
> It seems unlikely. There are many different languages used by wine's
> users, and English is the most common understood by users/developers.
> All bug reports/AppDB/etc. are in English.
I see but I had another idea in mind...
I was thinking about having the possibility to rate and report but without
any way to comment, I mean that you cannot comment in foreign languages but
you can vote and report (any operation that requires clicking is OK, typing
is not).

> Having different languages available would probably lead to a lot of
> information being lost across the different language sections.
That's why commenting is not an option :)

Is this a better suggestion?