disabling FORTIFY_SOURCE

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 11:07:15 CDT 2010

On 10/24/10 8:50 AM, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> On 10/24/2010 12:32 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
>> Actually I would like to know if its just more than the
>> dlls/shell32/pidl.c
>> problem...
> Or just grep for '\[1\]' in include directory. Lots and lots of
> declarations in all different places.

Stoopid question time.  Is there a better method of declaring these than
making them 2 char arrays?  Can we 'assume' a maximum length and set
them to that to prevent possible buffer overflows or is this something
that we have to accept and work with?  I understand that we want to keep
the memory footprint for Wine as low as possible but we also don't want
to introduce possible exploits in the process.

James McKenzie