First contact

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Oct 26 18:45:00 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Andréas LIVET <andreas.livet at> wrote:
> For the patch, I think I understand the concept (I never use git before and
> never apply a patch), I have to selection the diff text and save it into a
> file (let's say debug.patch)

Copy and paste sometimes screws up patches.  Better to save the patch to a
file some other way.  In particular, I usually use wget.

For the patch you mentioned, one command to fetch the patch is
wget is another good place to search for
uncommitted patches;
that site does a good job of saving the patches as hyperlinks you can
use with wget.

See also
and for a few tips.

Welcome aboard.  I hope you have more than 1 hour / week, it takes a
while to come up the learning curve.
- Dan