Chinese translation of key pages on wiki.winehq.org?

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 00:14:21 CDT 2010

Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 02:40, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> Are there any Chinese speakers on the list?
>> Any interest in starting a Chinese translation of wiki.winehq.org?
>>
>> I bring this up because a Chinese user/developer is asking for help
>> getting started with submitting translations to Wine.  I think he would find
>> Chinese versions of
>> http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches
>> and perhaps even
>> http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating
>> helpful.
>>
>> It seems strange for a translator to need help reading English
>> documents, but perhaps it would help them come up the curve
>> faster.
>
> Well maybe it's because (some of) these pages are not clear enough for
> non-techies. Maybe he could tell what parts he didn't understand so
> the wiki pages can be improved (it would help for other languages,
> too).

Wel, I suppose I can help proof-read if it comes to that. But
http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating is really not a good starting point as it
assumes a great deal of development and windows knowledge - at least the first
few paragraphs scare me :-). I think as a start he/she should try to translate
some of the documentation (e.g. say, the user guide, or even the weekly news)
rather than windows resources rc files!