RFC: test of 16 bit wine (DOS)

Morten Rønne morten.roenne at tdcadsl.dk
Thu Sep 2 14:20:50 CDT 2010

On 02-09-2010 20:47, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Morten Rønne<morten.roenne at tdcadsl.dk>  wrote:
>
>>> Have you seen http://code.google.com/p/win16test/ ?
>>>
>> Yes, I have seen those tests. But they run as independent programs for each
>> test. Wine (as it is now) creates one big program that is able to run all
>> tests.
>>
>> So I am not sure if it is acceptable to use that approach.
>>
> IIRC win16test mirrors Wine's approach exactly.  Is the "one big program"
> you're talking about programs/winetest?  I think it bundles the little
> executables
> into an archive.  There's no reason it can't bundle up the 16 bit apps
> and run them.
> - Dan

I only get one file for all tests in one directory, e.g. the kernel32
tests are in this file.
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mr mr 1548553 2010-08-23 20:11 kernel32_test.exe.so

And when I ask programs/winetest to extract files only I end up with
only one kernel32_test.exe file.
And not every single test as it own program.

I am aware that programs/winetest can bundle and run the testprograms as
single entities, but that is not the way it is done for the windows 32
bit tests.

So I would just like to be sure what would be accepted before I try to
make a final patch series.

Best Regards
Morten Rønne