Ongoing Debian package maintenance.

Ben Klein shacklein at
Sat Sep 4 15:12:03 CDT 2010

On 25 August 2010 08:06, Ben Klein <shacklein at> wrote:
> On 24 August 2010 04:34, Lei Zhang <thestig at> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Ben Klein <shacklein at> wrote:
>> > Hello everyone,
>> >
>> > My health has not improved at all since my last call for help with the
>> > Debian package management. I really need someone to take over from me, or at
>> > least some help to devise a new set of (semi-)automated build scripts. Any
>> > volunteers?
>> Hi Ben,
>> Does the task basically involve building new .deb packages for every
>> release? I can probably take over this if nobody else volunteered.
> Yes, that is essentially the job. For every release of Wine, produce a
> package for Debian's stable branch and testing/unstable.
>> Get better!
> Thanks, Lei. I'm going through some tests at the moment and think I
> know what the outcome of the next one will be, which is good because
> it will tell me what's been wrong for YEARS with me (though it's got a
> LOT worse these past few months).

For those of you who showed some concern for my health: turns out I
have a fructose intolerance. I'm still getting used to what foods I
can and can't have, and as such I'm still not as well as I should be.
I'm slowly working myself back into programmer's thinking, which
should help me when I start going back to work :)