Does testbot's MingW miscompile winmm:midi tests?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:24:48 CDT 2010

On 09/06/2010 11:02 AM, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on test.winehq, WinME systems always report 8 rc=MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM
> errors.  However, when running a MSVC compiled binary (as found in
> testbot job #4990), no such error occurs.
>
> Paul Vriens wrote:
>> I only see those 8 errors with the winetest executable from
>> test.winehq.org. My own cross-compiled version is fine, no errors there.

For the record. I'm talking about the crosscompiled winetest executable
from test.winehq.org and not something from the testbot. One can extract
the single test from the winetest executable and that is what I did in
this case.

I've seen differences between winetest executable and my local
crosscompiled tests in the past but never found a cause (or solution).

> Likewise, Octavian Voicu's machines saw no failure with the MSVC
> binary, but constantly produce red color on testbot.

When you say "red color on testbot" you mean 'red' on test.winehq.org?

--
Cheers,

Paul.