Does testbot's MingW miscompile winmm:midi tests?

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sat Sep 11 05:53:29 CDT 2010

* On Fri, 10 Sep 2010, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:

> Now what to do next?
>  - uninitialised memory issue?
>  - bad MingW or includes on test.winehq?
>
> How do MingW on test.winehq and testbot.winehq differ?

Difference of primary interest would be in the compiler versions and then
in configure options, I guess.

Reports on test.wineh.org says the details [1]:

|  Build version
|
|  Using built-in specs.
|  Target: i586-mingw32msvc
|  Configured with: /home/ron/devel/debian/mingw32/mingw32-4.2.1.dfsg/build_dir/src/gcc-4.2.1-2-dfsg/configure
|    -v --prefix=/usr --target=i586-mingw32msvc --enable-languages=c,c++
|    --enable-threads --enable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-multilib
|    --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
|  Thread model: win32
|  gcc version 4.2.1-sjlj (mingw32-2)

But testbot.winehq.org seems to provide such full info [2].  The only
stuff I can find is the name of the cross-compiler binary used:

| i686-pc-mingw32-gcc

Lets compare it to the first one:

| i586-mingw32msvc

So at least it's clear both compilers were built using different build
environments and different targets (msvc vs gcc; i586 vs i686).

Seems like testbot.winehq.org should be enhanced to be a bit verbose.  Is
it's code available?  I haven't found one in Wine's git repo [3].

S.

[1] http://test.winehq.org/data/2c4b08176bf43c1a7a3dd922432e6efae33168cb/me_s2/version.html
[2] https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=5184&log_101=1#k101
[3] http://source.winehq.org/git/