Release plans

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Sep 12 14:29:09 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> And as long as it's up and running, how about a look forward
>> at the 1.4 release plans?
>
> Would be nice to know what has priority for this release.
> I would love to see the DIB Engine be the 'deal maker'.

Ain't gonna happen.  Too hard, not enough manpower
going into it.

A more realistic goal held over from 1.2 might be
DX10 support.  There are several people chugging away,
getting bits and pieces of that committed.

I proposed a few smaller goals for 1.4 at
   http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleaseCriteria :

Bug 6971, the mouse problem affecting many FPS-style games,
 IIRC Alexandre says it would take him four weeks to clean
 up the XInput2 patches

AcceptEx (bug 280) - needed for Warcraft III and a number of other
games (Mike Kaplinskiy's real close on this, so maybe it doesn't
even bear mentioning as a 1.4 goal)

Antialiasing/Multisampling (Roderick's got a patch that needs a few
weeks of cleanup)

- Dan