Running GDI32 tests for Wine on MacOSX 10.6

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 12 19:01:51 CDT 2010

  On 9/7/10 11:37 AM, doh123 wrote:
> James Mckenzie wrote:
>> I agree with both Ryan and you, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is supposed to do absolutely NOTHING under MacOSX.  However, Wine needs it for some strange reason.  If I leave it out, the built dependency libraries are not found for freetype and fontconfig (and I know that fontconfig is included with MacOSX 10.6 now.)  Otherwise, I get a series of freetype cannot be found, install freetype 2.0.5 or higher.  I'll look at the Fink setup script to see how they did this.
>>
> This error can be fixed with DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH...

I've uploaded three logging files to pastebin.com:

Part #1 of running the gdi32 tests with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to:
$HOME/darwine/wineEnv/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
http://pastebin.com/NyrQxE4Q
Part # 2 of the same test
http://pastebin.com/dF1PwvHJ

Log of running the same tests with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set to:
$HOME/darwine/wineEnv/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
and DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH set to:
/usr/lib:$HOME/darwine/wineEnv/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
http://pastebin.com/i3Mfh7NB

The $HOME/darwine/wineEnv/usr/lib directory contains unaltered builds of
the dependencies for Wine (freetype, libgphoto2, etc.)  that are
separate from Fink builds.

Any clue as to why the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is working and the DYLD paths are
not?

Thank you.