WineAPI wiki progress (resent)

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 15 09:56:57 CDT 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:

> The previous version ended up as a reply to something inappropriate.
>
> The wiki at https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/wineapi/index.php
> now has pages for the directories in the Wine Repository with
> classifications of the directory content.  Please take a look at it and
> tell me if you think the content is useful and how it could be improved.

The first thing is that it requires a SourceForge login which is just
wrong for what's supposed to be a public resource. Hopefully that's
temporary but it's likely to limit who can comment on it.

I don't see the point of creating one page for every single Wine source
file. That makes the WineAPI website very very Wine-specific and
duplicates GitWeb functionality. My understanding is that this is
supposed to provide documentation about the Windows APIs in a more open,
collaborative and long-term way than MSDN. People who come for the
documentation won't care whether CreateFile is implemented in file.c or
kernel_main.c and that Wine has a Makefile.in file or an nls subfolder.

  Nouvelle version : les anciens bogues ont été remplacés par de nouveaux.