d3dx9_36: Implement D3DXCreateMesh and initial ID3DXMesh methods. (try 3)

misha680 misha680 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:23:15 CDT 2010

Henri Verbeet wrote:

> On 15 September 2010 01:55, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> +    while (count < MAX_FVF_DECL_SIZE && (count == 0 ||
>> declaration[count-1].Stream != 0xFF))
>> +    {
>> +        count++;
>> +    }
> ...and similarly you'd want to use D3DXGetDeclLength() here, though I
> wonder if implementing DrawSubset() isn't going to require creating a
> vertex declaration anyway.
>
>> +    if (!ref)
>> +    {
>> +        if (This->index_buffer)
>> IDirect3DIndexBuffer9_Release(This->index_buffer);
>> +        if (This->vertex_buffer)
>> IDirect3DVertexBuffer9_Release(This->vertex_buffer);
>> +        if (This->device) IDirect3DDevice9_Release(This->device);
>> +        HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, This);
>> +    }
> In which cases can these be NULL?

Thank you as always for your valuable feedback.

Could you possible clarify your statement
"though I wonder if implementing DrawSubset() isn't going to require
creating a
vertex declaration anyway."

My understanding from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb205736%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
and
http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/download/19-D3DX%20Mesh%20Objects.pdf
is that DrawSubset will simply draw a subset of the triangles in a mesh...

Thank you
Misha