d3dx9_36: Implement D3DXCreateMesh and initial ID3DXMesh methods. (try 3)

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:10:31 CDT 2010

On 16 September 2010 14:40, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, just to clarify to make sure my understanding is complete, what you
> are saying is for DrawSubset(), we will need to create an FVF declarator
> from a non-FVF declarator, correct?

No, what I'm saying is that I strongly suspect that in order to
implement DrawSubset() you'd need to create an actual vertex
declaration from the array of declaration elements, i.e.
IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexDeclaration(). But once you have that,
the copy of the declaration elements and the count variable used to
create it would be redundant, since you could just call
IDirect3DVertexDeclaration9::GetDeclaration().

Something else, for the error handling for vertex/index buffer
creation, just a "FAILED(hr)" and a WARN should do. ERR should imply a
bug in either Wine or the underlying system, not just an application
giving us crap, they do that all the time.