ws2_32: implement AcceptEx and GetAcceptExSockaddrs (try 3)

Mike Kaplinskiy mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 21:18:04 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, James Mckenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks guys, but I think most of the credit should go to Alexandre for
putting up with me over the last year and helping me do this
correctly. If anything, I hope this goes to show the Alexandre is
willing to accept correct solutions and it's our (developer's) job to
make the patches correct. After all, he (more than likely) has a
larger experience working on wine than those who complain that their
work isn't accepted ;).

Anyway back to the patch - as an FYI this patch may not make things
better. It gives a somewhat incomplete implementation (you can see the
FIXME @ WS2_async_accept), and you may encounter various freezing
issues since we don't cancel requests properly. That's something a lot
more complicated to do and I do not yet have a good idea on how to do
it correctly. There are also two minor things we need to implement to
make sure we're not triggering this behavior too much
(SO_UPDATE_ACCEPT_CONTEXT and SO_CONNECT_TIME). We will see how
prevalent the freezes are.

Mike.