Right-To-Left (RTL) languages and Wine

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:48:56 CDT 2010

On 07/30/2010 10:02 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Vriens<paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> On 07/29/2010 08:13 PM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>>> That depends on the situation. In some cases it can be set globally
>>> through the version resources, in other cases it will have to be set on
>>> an individual resource basis, or specified directly in the code.
>>
>> When you say 'globally' do you mean everything running under (one)
>> wineserver?
>
> No, I mean globally for a process, this is always per-process. If you
> put the magic string in the version resources the whole process is RTL,
> making all the windows automatically WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL and mirroring all
> the UI. That's the correct approach for Wine builtin apps, once
> WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL works properly.

Hi Alexandre,

I see you made great steps in getting the RTL stuff working. The Hebrew
version of native winmine shows the menu's right-aligned now!

What are the plans/ideas for the Wine builtin programs with respect to
RTL languages? I mean, how are we going to make the distinction between
LTR or RTL when builtin apps are run?

--
Cheers,

Paul.