mshtml and friends

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 28 07:59:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

The current state of support for the Internet Explorer components in
Wine is good, but there are applications that don't work with it
because they are dependent on more of the functionality provided by
Internet Explorer via the WebBrowser control.

I have had a scan through some of the mshtml code, and see various
things not handled -- such as the onload handler of the HTMLBody
element -- but I am not very familiar with this area.

I am interested in helping out to improve this area -- my aim is to
not require the `winetricks ie6` command to get some of these
applications (specifically the Big Fish Games client) to a usable
state.

Therefore, I am wondering if anyone knows where the best place is to
start looking (e.g. known areas of missing functionality) or how to
debug applications (and interpret WINEDEBUG output) to identify where
the issues are.

Thanks,
- Reece