winscard.dll

Mounir IDRASSI mounir.idrassi at idrix.net
Tue Sep 28 22:53:42 CDT 2010

Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel <at> kievinfo.com> writes:

> > +        /* get list from pcsc-lite */
> > +        *pmszReaders = (LPSTR*) mszReaders;
> You corrupting memory here. You haven't assigned any memory to pmszReaders.
> Did you mean to write "pmszReaders = (LPSTR) mszReaders;" ? In fact I don't
> see you using the assigned value at all.
>
> Also you have some trailing spaces in your patch.
>
> Vitaliy.

Hi Vitaliy,

You are right : In my original patch , the line reads :
		/* get list from pcsc-lite */
		LPSTR* pmszReaders = (LPSTR*) mszReaders;

Vincent changed that by declaring pmszReaders at the beginning but he left the
star in front of pmszReaders in the affectation.
In his version of the patch, this line should read :
		/* get list from pcsc-lite */
		pmszReaders = (LPSTR*) mszReaders;

Innocent source code editing can introduce big bugs if not done (and tested)
properly!

Cheers,
--
Mounir IDRASSI