mshtml and friends

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:03:09 CDT 2010

On 29 September 2010 13:45, Jacek Caban <jacek at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>  On 9/29/10 2:30 PM, Reece Dunn wrote:

>>> It's a known regression. A hack from bug 24365 should work around it.
>>
>> OK. Thanks. I'll use that to proceed on the issues with Big fish Games.
>
> That's all fine, but all this won't help with fixing Big Fish Games.

I understand this -- I am thinking of improving things for when errors occur.

> The
> problem is probably somewhere else and the question is why the script takes
> code path resulting in an exception (and even if it's supposed to do so,
> current exception handling is probably good enough for it).

The problem with the current wine tip is that
'fixme:jscript:new_expression_eval throw TypeError' line. Since this
is triggered in the main script (not in a try ... catch block) it will
not get handled properly.

> BTW, the script seems to mess with a flash plugin, that won't work with
> jscript as we'd have to handle ActiveX controls in MSHTML. That's a hard
> problem.

Aha! That is likely what is calling the TypeError fixme.

>> a/ dlls/jscript/tests/activex.c -- add a test_jscript_error function
>
> That's not the right place. See exception_test in api.js for exceptions
> test. It's obviously not testing OnScriptError, but most tests should go
> there.

This is what step (1) is testing:

    exception_test(function() {new null;}, "TypeError", ...);

which is great if you have something like:

    <script>try { new null; } catch (e) { ... }</script>

but not something like:

    <script>new null;</script>

This triggers (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/shbz8x82%28v=VS.85%29.aspx)
the IActiveScriptSite_OnScriptError callback notification. This is
what I intend on testing in the dlls/jscript/tests/activex.c tests as
I need to inspect that call when executing this type of
unhandled/uncaught exception, which is what will happen in the Big
Fish Games client.

- Reece