Google Summer of Code project

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:33:49 CDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 15:28, Michał Ziętek <smierc.w.wenecji at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Michal Zietek, I am studying Computer Science at Wroclaw
> University of Technology. I would like to take part at Google Summer of
> Code. Lately I saw Jacek Caban presenting Wine at the university and he said
> there could be a possibility to start in Google Summer of Code and work on
> Wine. I talked to Jacek about project related to WScript. I am interested in
> working on this project but I can't find it on the Google Summer of Code
> website. The only place I found any information is
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2011-February/088839.html
>
> Do you consider putting this project into Google Summer of Code?

Under Google Summer of Code, you have to apply for your own project.
In other words, you tell Wine what you would like to do to make Wine
better. The application for applications is tomorrow:
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#student
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2011

There is some more information here:
http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode