d3d8: Attempting to set a NULL rt is legal in d3d8

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 22 06:29:14 CDT 2011

On Friday 22 April 2011 12:40:04 Henri Verbeet wrote:
> Tests, please. Also, at least with the current code this is still
> going to fail because wined3d disallows setting RT0 to NULL.
We have a test. It didn't catch the problem because it tests setting both the
depth stencil and RT to NULL, so the check if the depthstencil is NULL in
SetRenderTarget prevented the crash. Well, I guess I can add a test for
that...

Also the current code doesn't fail because it passes the old RT if the new RT
is NULL. This behavior is also tested.