GSoC: dinput8 Action Mapping - dialog testing

Michael Mc Donnell michael at mcdonnell.dk
Fri Aug 5 10:23:03 CDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 06:25:49PM -0300, Lucas Zawacki wrote:
>> Hello. I need some help here.
>>
>> Before commiting the ConfigureDevices patches tried to add a couple
>> simple tests for the function, the problem is that I now have to test
>> a dialog. What is the best way to do it? I'm thinking of creating
>> another thread and sending the desired messages to the dialog, is that
>> a good option? I'm open to suggestions.

> There are some dlls that test dialogs, like dlls/comdlg32/tests but
> it does not seem obvious how they do it.

I created a dialog test in dlls/shell32/tests/brsfolder.c. The dialog
under test has a callback function which is called when it finishes
initialization. I used that callback to create a timer that selects
things via PostMessage and enters text via keybd_event. Feel free to
ask about it.

Is it your own dialog you are testing or a built-in?

Regards,
Michael Mc Donnell