GSoC-2011: Implement Missing Mesh Functions in Wine’s D3DX9

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Aug 5 12:01:51 CDT 2011

Hi,

A few more thinks I noticed:

On Thursday 04 August 2011 11:21:22 Michael Mc Donnell wrote:
> +#include <float.h>
In other libs this is guarded with #ifdef HAVE_FLOAT_H - not sure if there are
any systems that don't have the header and the rest of the code still
compiles, but I recommend to use the same.

> +static BOOL weld_float1(void *to, void *from, FLOAT epsilon)
> +    FLOAT *v1 = to;
> +    FLOAT *v2 = from;
> +        memcpy(to, from, sizeof(FLOAT));
A *v1 = *v2 assignment looks nicer.

Similarly:
> +static BOOL weld_float2(void *to, void *from, FLOAT epsilon)
> +    D3DXVECTOR2 *v1 = to;
> +    D3DXVECTOR2 *v2 = from;
> +        memcpy(to, from, 2 * sizeof(FLOAT));
Either assign v1->x = v2->x and v1->y = v2->y, or use sizeof(D3DXVECTOR2) in
the memcpy. Similarly in all the other functions.

> +static BOOL weld_ubyte4(void *to, void *from, FLOAT epsilon)
> +{
> +    BYTE *b1 = to;
> +    BYTE *b2 = from;
I think there's a UBYTE type, or maybe CHAR that is typedefed to unsigned
char.

> +static BOOL weld_component(void *to, void *from, D3DDECLTYPE type, FLOAT
epsilon)
> +{
> +    switch (type)
> +    {
> +        case D3DDECLTYPE_UNUSED:
> +            FIXME("D3DDECLTYPE_UNUSED welding not implemented.\n");
> +            break;
> +    }
> +
> +    return FALSE;
> +}
I'd guess that UNUSED is not valid to create a vdecl in the first place. Since
the Mesh API uses an attribute array rather than a IDirect3DVertexDeclaration9
interface it's probably worth a test(if you don't have one in the
updateSemantics tests already). Either way since you have the FIXME you should
probably make sure it is printed for any unrecognized type number.

> +        case D3DDECLUSAGE_BLENDINDICES:
> +        case D3DDECLUSAGE_POSITIONT:
> +        case D3DDECLUSAGE_FOG:
> +        case D3DDECLUSAGE_DEPTH:
> +        case D3DDECLUSAGE_SAMPLE:
> +            /* Not possible to weld five above usages. */
> +            break;
I'm not sure what you mean by "not possible", I haven't spotted any of these
usages in the tests. But I got a bit lost in the tests, see below.

From the tests:
> +static void check_vertex_components(int line, int mesh_number, int
vertex_number, BYTE *got_ptr, const BYTE *exp_ptr, D3DVERTEXELEMENT9
*declaration)
> +                FLOAT got = *(got_ptr + decl_ptr->Offset);
> +                FLOAT exp = *(exp_ptr + decl_ptr->Offset);
I think you need some pointer casts here before dereferencing. But since no
test uses FLOAT1 this is essentially dead code.

Overall the test is pretty hard to read because of the amount of code that is
essentially repeated over and over with subtle differences. I don't really see
a way around this. You could move some code around, but that won't really
change things a lot. I guess we can live with it, it's only the tests after
all.

Cheers,
Stefan