w9x testbot state?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:03:32 CDT 2011

On 8/7/11 6:55 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> James McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> There are functions that vary between Windows9x/ME and WindowsNT and
>> their ilk.  People do use Wine to support Windows9x/ME programs that are
>> not supported, anymore, by current Windows.  When we make changes to
>> functionality, it is a 'good thing' to make sure we don't break support
>> for those folks, right?
> Supporting applications from a win9x era has nothing to do with running
> Wine tests on win9x platforms.

Dmitry:

That is correct.  The two are distinctly different and no further
reports of running compliance tests against Windows9x should be
recorded.  However, insuring what functionality we do have in Wine for
running antiquated Windows9x/ME programs should remain, if possible, IMHO.

However, there was a purpose of running Wine code against the testbots
as well I thought.  I've seen many patches run against them to add
functionality and to insure nothing broke, not just running the old
win9x tests.  Or am I incorrect in their usage.

As stated: They are off-line for now.  And Maarten stated that they
would be restored, if the images could be found.  Otherwise, they are
off-line and will remain that way for a long time.

James