many sound cards => timeout in winmm:wave tests

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Aug 12 08:38:25 CDT 2011

Hi,

some native machines on test.winehq time out the winmm:wave tests.
http://test.winehq.org/data/8c00ee0beff1a9a6be08f32d821186c798d15b9d/win7_win7-x64/winmm:wave.html

Their logs show that they play ~25 times 1 second silence and
a few times 0.5 second silence.  I believe winetest.exe kills tests
that take longer than 30 seconds.  That explains the apparent timeout.

The reason that they play that long is that they are equipped
with several sound cards, each of which being used in turn.

It's good IMHO that all sound cards are used.  However, we should
evaluate whether all combinations of flags that winmm:wave tests
make sense or whether some could be played shorter than 1s.

Or perhaps increase the timeout for winmm:wave?

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle