Vista/w2k8/w7 users, please test mmdevapi capture

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Aug 12 11:07:04 CDT 2011

Dear users of machines with Vista/w2k8/w7,

Unfortunately, testbot has no mmdevapi-capture enabled machine.

If you have a capture-enabled sound card, could you please
run the attached patch and report results to me?

How you can tell if capture/recording works on your machine:
Run the regular mmdevapi:capture and render tests as well as
 winmm:* (mci, wave etc.) and see if and why they skip tests.

You'll find a binary mmdevapi_test.exe (and test64.exe) on testbot:
https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=13426

Testbot's machines say:
capture.c:724: Tests skipped: No sound card available
capture: 1 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 0 failures), 1 skipped.
1 test is too little and shows capture was skipped.

Background: I wrote a patch to fix the Get/ReleaseBuffer protocol in
the renderer.  Looking at the capture code, I suppose a similar patch
could apply, but I've no machine at all to test it!
("Protocol" means the order in which methods can be invoked and
 implies testing the error codes and effects).

Thank you for testing,
 Jörg Höhle