many sound cards => timeout in winmm:wave tests

André Hentschel nerv at
Fri Aug 12 12:23:08 CDT 2011

Am 12.08.2011 15:38, schrieb Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at
> Hi,
> some native machines on test.winehq time out the winmm:wave tests.
> Their logs show that they play ~25 times 1 second silence and
> a few times 0.5 second silence.  I believe winetest.exe kills tests
> that take longer than 30 seconds.  That explains the apparent timeout.

i had a quick look at the code and it looks like 120s, still the test lasts really long.
further i think 0.8s is already a better value than 1.0 just by being a fraction.
> It's good IMHO that all sound cards are used.  However, we should
> evaluate whether all combinations of flags that winmm:wave tests
> make sense or whether some could be played shorter than 1s.

we could lower the duration by every cycle of the for loop by some ms until a low limit, that's more likely to happen than:

> Or perhaps increase the timeout for winmm:wave?

Best Regards, André Hentschel