mshtml: Use the last colon in proxy url as port separator

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Aug 22 04:01:54 CDT 2011

On 08/19/11 22:10, André Hentschel wrote:
> Am 18.08.2011 22:50, schrieb Juan Lang:
>>> Is the ProxyServer specified as an URL? If yes then use the proper API
>>> to dissect the URL instead of cobbling something together.
>> Just to follow up in this idea, you could use InternetCrackUrl.
>> mshtml delay loads wininet, but it also loads urlmon, which also loads
>> wininet, so in effect wininet is always loaded and available.
>>
>> But a larger question is, why load the proxy settings from the
>> registry only?  If you query wininet for them instead, then the
>> environment variable http_proxy is also checked.  There was bug 5625
>> about this, which I set to fixed based on commit
>> 80f02b82d68902f32578a7bcf6cfbaa715b724ce.  I may have been mistaken.
>> Under what circumstances is the network.proxy.http gecko setting still
>> being used?  Maybe for embedded content, e.g. IMG tags?  If these were
>> set by querying wininet instead, then at least we wouldn't have
>> potentially different proxy settings for some HTTP requests than for
>> others.
>> --Juan
> just sent a patch doing that.
> I'm not sure for what winegecko uses it, but that function was added by intention and jacek already modified it a bit, so there must be a reason.

set_proxy shouldn't be needed any more since we use urlmon for all
connections. I didn't remove it immediately because it was relatively
easy to restore the old behaviour for some time, but other pieces of the
old code are already killed now and it's about the last piece left from
before-urlmon times. Feel free to kill it.

Cheers,
Jacek