Hebrew: update

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Aug 23 08:20:06 CDT 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:
[...]
> > > This appears in a certificate, it is much more useful to the user than
> > > the Hebrew tern (מזהה מפתח)...
> >
> > It's in a resource file which usually means the author (Juan Lang in
> > this case) expects it to be translated. If it's not meant to be
> > translated then it should either be removed from the resource file or
> > marked as not needing translation (I have a patch for that, maybe I'll
> > send it tomorrow).
>
> I'm not translating so things will be translated, I also have to make
> sure that the user experience is somewhat natural and pleasing,
> translating this string is mostly confusing.

Juan, what's your take on this. I initially thought that this was
essentially part of the same set as 'Surname', 'Organizational Unit',
'State or Province', etc for which it's clear that translation is
needed. But apparently 'KeyID=' and the others next to it ('Certificate
Issuer', 'Certificate Serial Number=', etc.) are used in a slightly
different context. Should they not be translated?

How can one test this in practice?

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"