[2/3] msi/tests: Skip a test if the process is limited.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Aug 24 08:33:00 CDT 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, GOUJON Alexandre wrote:

> On 08/24/2011 10:47 AM, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> > No, win_skip is for behavior observed on Windows that Wine should not
> > emulate, which is not the case here.
> Is there any page on the wiki explaining the meaning of broken(), skip(),
> win_skip() ?
> Because your definition of win_skip is my definition of broken that is :
> something seen on windows but broken (wrong behaviour fixed in a more recent
> windows version or caused by a buggy driver).

As far as I know it's not documented anywhere. Also I'd personally argue
that if it's documented wine/test.h would be a better place than the
Wiki (but Alexandre may disagree).

In any case there's a fundamental difference which is that skip() and
win_skip() issue a trace noting that some tests are skipped and causing
such a trace to be counted in the statistics, while broken() just
returns a boolean and has no side-effect.

            Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.
       That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.