winelib an fpc

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Tue Aug 30 03:43:55 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 30 August 2011 01:57:30 am Reinier Napoles Martinez wrote:
> >>This won't work. Simply doing a dlopen on the wine libraries won't get
> >>your environment setup properly.
>
> what can i do then to setup the wine environment correctly
> and use the wine libraries from fpc.
> thanks

Essentially what you need to do is to write your application as a winelib
application. That means it will have a code similar to a Win32 EXE but will be
in ELF format.

I have no idea if/how you can do that using fpc.

An alternative would be to write a winelib proxy program and talk to it
through a socket or some other form of IPC.

Finally, if your application depends too much on some DLL (especially things
you cannot easily proxy like graphics) just make it a Win32 EXE.

Paul