Severe startup latencies for Windows applications run under wine

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:22:57 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Ben Peddell <klightspeed at netspace.net.au>wrote:

> A modification of the timestamp patch from Bernhard Loos should help us
> find what calls are taking the longest.

Speaking of that, I've been trying to compile cmd tests with profiling (-pg,
for use with gprof), but no luck. I added -pg to both compile & link phases.
Looking at disassembled .exe.so binary, it doesn't have the gprof code that
a proper gprof executable would have, so I'm guessing winegcc does some
magic that is not compatible with -pg. Anybody managed to make it work?

Octavian