cmd/tests: Test del /s recursion in subdirectories with colons.

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:04:15 CDT 2011

2011/8/31 Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com>:
> My point was simply to make sure that subsequent wine patches, maybe a
> year or two from now, won't make it "work" again (think regression)

You got that wrong -- it *does* work on Wine already :)
I think we can be more permissive in this aspect, it's not like some
weird app will fail because it succeeds in creating a "foo:"
directory.

> I never talked about marking it as broken (it obviously doesn't work
> on any windows), just that running a plain "mkdir foo:" and not
> checking the expected outcome is pointless IMHO (besides detecting
> crash/overflows don't occur again in wine)
> Maybe a simple "if exist foo: (echo wine is broken)" would be
> sufficient. This way you would detect quickly it wine somehow makes it
> "work" again.

Mkdir / cd only fail if the 2nd char is a colon (so "a:", "a:foo",
"1:" all fail), presumably because they parse that as a root drive.
Mkdir "foo:" works on Wine. That was exactly the point of the patch,
make sure the crash/overflow doesn't creep back in. I guess you had
something else in mind when you suggested I write a test.

Octavian