dosdevices/c not present.. how is it created?

Ben Peddell klightspeed at netspace.net.au
Tue Dec 6 19:46:27 CST 2011

On 7/12/2011 11:30 AM, Roger Cruz wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when running Wine.
>
> Using the debugger, I think I found where the problem is:
>
> 2140            int fd = open( unix_name, O_RDONLY | O_DIRECTORY );
[snip]
> When I look in my $WINEPREFIX directory, I can see that the c: directory
> is not there
[snip]
> How does that c: directory get created and by whom?  I have deleted the
> $WINEPREFIX several times already to no avail.

dlls/ntdll/server.c:774
    /* create the drive symlinks */

    mkdir( "drive_c", 0777 );
    symlink( "../drive_c", "dosdevices/c:" );
    symlink( "/", "dosdevices/z:" );

What filesystem does $WINEPREFIX live on?

It would appear that symlink() failed on that filesystem.

--
Ben Peddell
IT Support Bowen, Collinsville and Proserpine Catholic schools