Would making the Wine file dialogs know about the Nautilus bookmarks be a reasonable thing?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon Dec 12 21:44:47 CST 2011

Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:

> Would it be appropriate to display those self-added bookmarks in Wine?
> I'm worried there might be something I'm missing about the
> implementation that would make this difficult or a bad idea.

File open/save dialogs use the standard SDK templates, which are supposed
to be changed/resized/subclassed using a documented way. Since many apps
add a bunch of additional controls and rely on the dialogs to be correctly
resized after that, adding something non-standard is not really feasible.

--
Dmitry.