wined3d crosscompiling, implementing loadICD

Patrick Rudolph siro at das-labor.org
Wed Dec 14 08:38:16 CST 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to get ddraw/d3d7 running in my virtual WindowsXP machine
using wined3d.
I managed to cross-compile all neccessary files and implemented a
function that loads the ICD instead of opengl32.dll.

The name of the ICD is stored in the registry, so my functions just
searches the registry for the correct key, depending on the OS version.

What name should i choose for this function ?
Where to place this function ? I'm not sure if directx.c is a good
place for it.
At the moment this function returns a handle to the loaded ICD. Would
it be better to return the name of the ICD dll (for testing purposes) ?

Regards,
Patrick