wined3d crosscompiling, implementing loadICD

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:48:58 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Patrick Rudolph <siro at das-labor.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get ddraw/d3d7 running in my virtual WindowsXP machine using
> wined3d.
> I managed to cross-compile all neccessary files and implemented a function
> that loads the ICD instead of opengl32.dll.
>
> The name of the ICD is stored in the registry, so my functions just searches
> the registry for the correct key, depending on the OS version.
>
> What name should i choose for this function ?
> Where to place this function ? I'm not sure if directx.c is a good place for
> it.
> At the moment this function returns a handle to the loaded ICD. Would it be
> better to return the name of the ICD dll (for testing purposes) ?
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

I'm not sure if we should load the ICD functions from wined3d since in
Wine we don't implement the ICD interface. The ICD functions more or
less match WGL (with slight differences if I recall correctly).
Perhaps the nicer way is to write a small OpenGL wrapper which just
contains the calls we care about. Inject it into the process you are
starting. This is roughly what I planned to do at the time, but didn't
have time to play with it.

Roderick