crypt32: Fix quoting-behaviour

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:04:25 CST 2011

Hi Christian, I'm afraid this patch is incorrect.  In particular,

-                chars = CertRDNValueToStrA(
-                 rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].dwValueType,
-                 &rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].Value, psz ? psz + ret : NULL,
-                 psz ? csz - ret : 0);
+                if ((dwStrType & 0x000000ff) == CERT_X500_NAME_STR)
+                    chars = quote_string_a(
+                     rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].dwValueType,
+                     &rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].Value, psz ? psz + ret : NULL,
+                     psz ? csz - ret : 0);
+                else
+                    chars = CertRDNValueToStrA(
+                     rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].dwValueType,
+                     &rdn->rgRDNAttr[j].Value, psz ? psz + ret : NULL,
+                     psz ? csz - ret : 0);

This change (and the corresponding one to CertNameToStrW) is
incorrect.  I tested a couple of strings with CERT_SIMPLE_NAME_STR,
and they are also quoted.

I can try to take these over if you like, or you can continue to work
on them.  Let me know what you prefer.
--Juan