ntoskrnl.exe: unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.IoGetDeviceInterfaces

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:34:07 CST 2011

Dear Nikolay and James,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Qian:
> I would like to echo Nikolay's comment and add one more:
> Please search through the Bug Reports before submitting a new one.

I really feel very sorry, I apologize for posting such issues the
wrong place and making noise. Thank you for your reminder and your
nice work on wine.
I have searched the Bugzilla with ntoskrnl.exe as keyword carefully,
it seems that none of the current bugs mentions unimplemented function
ntoskrnl.exe.IoGetDeviceInterfaces, so I report a new issue here:
Wish it not a duplicate.

> You might receive more assistance on the Wine User list as well.  Most of
> the developers lurk there.

I'll post such mails on the Wine User list from now on.
However, may I modestly consults below questions here:

1. If  a function is implemented in wine dll as a stup, then usually
this function won't cause crash,
and the wine debug will output  "fix:me ...stup" rather then
"Unimplemented function", is it right?
2. If a function is listed in the Wine API guide,
http://source.winehq.org/WineAPI/ , and marked as stup,
then this function must be implemented as a stup in  wine source code,
is it right?

I've read http://wiki.winehq.org/DebugChannels and
but I still have some confusion.

Thanks a lot!