Wine FAQ edits

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at
Wed Feb 2 07:03:54 CST 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:18:40 -0500
Albert Lee <trisk at> wrote:

> I notice you have reverted my edits to the FAQ on the wiki (
> ). As I was trying to clarify
> the shell metacharacter information and operating system/platform
> support, and add new file association instructions, I would like to
> know why this happened and what changes should be done.

Besides the problems Vitaliy has pointed out with your edits, your repeated attempts to substitute "Unix" for "Linux" in multiple places is flat-out wrong. "Unix" is a trademarked name, with a specific meaning. It is not a generic synonym for Linux, BSD, etc. and should not be used as such.

Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at>