ntoskrnl.exe: unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.IoGetDeviceInterfaces

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Feb 2 09:08:50 CST 2011

Qian wrote:
>1. If  a function is implemented in wine dll as a stup, then usually
>this function won't cause crash,
>and the wine debug will output  "fix:me ...stup" rather then
>"Unimplemented function", is it right?

I think "stub" is somewhat ambiguous, it can mean either
something without an implementation, or something
with a very minimal implementation.
But yes, if something is listed in dlls/*/*.spec as a stub,
you get 'Unimplemented function', and if something is listed in
  grep FIXME.*stub dlls/*/*.c
as a stub, you get
"fixme: ... stub".

>2. If a function is listed in the Wine API guide,
>http://source.winehq.org/WineAPI/ , and marked as stup,
>then this function must be implemented as a stup in  wine source code,
>is it right?

The Wine API guide is not a very reliable guide, it might be out
of date.  Better to just look in the source code.
- Dan