RFC: Adding Mac support to secur32/schannel.c

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Feb 3 11:58:21 CST 2011

Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> writes:

> On 3 February 2011 18:01, Charles Davis <cdavis at mymail.mines.edu> wrote:
>> I'm for that. In fact, my humble opinion is that Wine on Mac should only
>> use libraries that are part of the OS (i.e. only dylibs in /usr/lib and
> I think Wine should have as few OS X (or Ubuntu for that matter)
> specific hacks as possible.

It shouldn't have hacks, but I don't think it's unreasonable to use
platform-specific services for things that don't have widely accepted
standards.

What really matters is that the platform-specific bits need to be small
and well isolated, that's why we'd want others dlls to use schannel
instead of going straight to OS libraries for instance. But having a
small chunk of platform-specific code inside schannel with a clean
interface doesn't seem problematic to me.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org