Pulling Patch

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 16:24:48 CST 2011

On 2/4/11 1:18 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>> Since my Mac is dying I have decided to return to the Windows world.
>>
>> Please pull any and all patches.  I have envoked the right to copyright
>> and none of my code can or will be used in Wine.
> Sorry to see you go, but... why would you want to prohibit people from
> using your patches?
>
> (I only see two typo changes committed:
> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=James+McKenzie&sr=1
> Presumably you don't mean those, since they were trivial comment changes.)
>
> I guess you mean patches like
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2010-June/089537.html
>
> When you sent those to wine-patches, weren't you placing them
> under the LGPL?
Actually, the latest patch is what I don't want reused.  And no, you
don't put it in the LGPL until it is committed, which I don't expect AJ
to do anyway.

However, I'm moving in a different direction since my Mac needs more
repairs than I'm willing to spend money on.

Besides, I've been a big enough pain that my existence here is
unwarranted and unneeded.

James McKenzie