Wine API documentation questions.
Max TenEyck Woodbury
max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Sat Feb 5 00:07:50 CST 2011
I've been going through the Wine API documentation and there seem to be
some things that I think should be changed:
- There are references to Wine documents that do not include links to
the pages. The links should be included.
- Some 'implementation' sections claim that the API is not declared but
there are declarations, just not in headers that 'c2man' is looking
at. It should also look in any sub-directories (except for 'tests')
of the '-I' directories it is told about for additional headers. (I
have very little skill with Perl at present, so someone else might be
able to add this much faster than I will be able to do it.)
- There are quite a few APIs implemented but without standard
documentation. All accessible APIs should have enough documentation
so that there is a page for it, even if it is only a synopsis.
- Mangled interface names only appear in their mangled form. The
documentation should include the demangled name as well. Should the
demangled names also appear in the indexes?
- The 'synopsis' does not include needed '#include' directives. This
may need to be fixed in each API description rather than trying to
get 'c2man' to generate it.
- The name of the file containing the implementation is included in
each 'implementation' section and includes a link to the appropriate
repository source entry. The name of the appropriate header is also
included, but does not include a link. A link should be included.
More information about the wine-devel