Pulling Patch

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Feb 5 09:48:19 CST 2011

On 05/02/11 00:24, James McKenzie wrote:

> Actually, the latest patch is what I don't want reused.  And no, you
> don't put it in the LGPL until it is committed, which I don't expect
> AJ to do anyway.
>
> However, I'm moving in a different direction since my Mac needs more
> repairs than I'm willing to spend money on.
>
> Besides, I've been a big enough pain that my existence here is
> unwarranted and unneeded.

As anyone who attended the last WineConf probably already knows, you
have my complete sympathies in that regard. I also doubt very much
anyone would use your uncommitted patches against your will, so in that
respect, you probably have nothing to worry about.

That said, I believe your claim to the right to demand no use is wrong.
It is my understanding that by submitting your patches to wine-patches,
you have placed them under the LGPL, which is a non-revocable license.
Again, in all likely hood, this is a purely hypothetical question.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.