Resend: Who does c2man?

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Fri Feb 11 11:57:52 CST 2011

On 02/11/2011 12:20 PM, GOUJON Alexandre wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 05:19 PM, Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:
>> I have just been going over tools/c2man and have a fair number of
>> questions about it.
>
> You can ask them here. This is why wine-devel exists.
> There is also IRC (http://wiki.winehq.org/IRC)
>
> But keep in mind that everyone is very busy. So ask something useful.
> If you are too lazy to read the source code, then don't be surprised if
> you don't get any answer.

Umm, I HAVE been reading the source code. There is quite a lot of it
and there are not a lot of descriptive comments. There are a few things
I think need changing but some people might consider those changes
controversial. Such things as links that go nowhere and mangled names.
Also places where the parsing of the input does one thing while the
comments say it does something slightly different (and the comments are
what should be done).

>> Please send me
>> email with contact information, or indicate that you want this done on
>> some forum.
>
> wine/tools$ git blame c2man.pl

Thanks, that was useful. Summary:

Mike McCormack who was the original author around Aug 2000.
Jon Griffiths who rewrote most of it from Mar 2003 thru Dec 2004.
Francois Gouget who made some changes in Oct 2004.
Stefan Stranz who added XML stuff in Jun 2009.
A few others with small changes some time ago.

It looks like Jon Griffiths is the one I need to contact. Is he still
around?

Max