winex11.drv: map_window should honor iconic state

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sat Feb 12 15:06:43 CST 2011

Alexander Lakhin <exclusion at> writes:

> I've checked XWMHints just before XMapWindow call and received the correct initial_state (IconicState) and flags (StateHint set) there.
> But the window still displayed not in a minimized state. To isolate the issue I tried the following code snippet:
>   XWMHints *wm_hints = XAllocWMHints();
>   wm_hints->initial_state = IconicState;
>   wm_hints->flags = StateHint;
>   XSetWMHints( display, win, wm_hints );
>   XMapWindow( display, win );
> And the window was not minimized again. After some research I found the following explanation to it:

No, this has nothing to do with it. While IconicState can mean different
things for different window managers, it shouldn't make a difference
whether it's set as initial state or changed after the fact. If initial
state is set correctly then the bug is in your window manager.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at