USB Device Support

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 18:26:06 CST 2011

--- On Thu, 17/2/11, Mike Yates <mike at fonehelp.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
> I (and a lot of contributors to the Nokia forums) would
> like to use the
> Nokia PC Suite in Wine.
> The current status in the AppDB of Nokia PC Suite
> <http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1026>
> v7.x.x.x is "Garbage" because, although installation and
> all the other
> functions now (wine v1.2.2) work just fine, it is totally
> useless
> without its "Connect a Phone" function.
> I have written in AppDB:-

I know it is a bit off topic - but what functionality of Nokia PC Suite that you need which isn't provided by gnokii/xnokii ? I have nokia phones for nearly 10 years (actually I have never owned a different brand), and gnokii/xnokii has been sufficient for my needs all these days. Connectivity via infrared/bluetooth are okay.