windowscodecs: Use Mac OS X native ICNS support, not libicns.

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Wed Jan 5 05:04:04 CST 2011

Hi Damjan,

I was intrigued to see the ICNS support you added to windowscodecs some months ago.  Neat work!

However, I'm confused about why you used the third-party libicns library.  As near as I can tell, the ICNS support is only used on Mac OS X and it's not likely to ever be used elsewhere.  If that's the case, why did you not build it on top of the native ICNS support built into Mac OS X?  Using the native frameworks would avoid one more external dependency that would need to be shipped with Wine on the Mac.

I'm attaching a patch that changes to using the ApplicationServices framework instead of libicns.  I wanted to get your input before sending it to wine-patches.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Ken

The ICNS support is only used on Mac OS X and is not anticipated to be used
on any other platform.  So, we can rely on the native frameworks rather than
a third-party dependency.
---
configure.ac                    |   16 +--
dlls/windowscodecs/Makefile.in  |    1 +
dlls/windowscodecs/icnsformat.c |  270 ++++++++++++++++-----------------------
include/config.h.in             |   10 +-