tests/amstream.c doesn't test anything

Nicolas Le Cam niko.lecam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:55:36 CST 2011

2011/1/12 <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com>

> Hi,
>
> please take a look at test.winehq.org
> http://test.winehq.org/data/tests/amstream:amstream.html
>
> It appears that almost all native machines perform 0 tests on amstream.
> As no skip is flagged, results appear all green.
> The only exception are Wylda's XP machines. They execute 16 tests
> but fail one of them.
>
> Can we conclude that the amstream tests are in a bad shape, despite green
> colour?
> Or that some amstream components are optional and should be installed on
> more test bots?
> (Note that the amstream.dll is present, otherwise the message would be
> different)
>
> Most Wine machines also execute 0 tests, except Nicolas Le Cam's (nlc)
> amstream.c:163: Test marked todo: IDirectDrawMediaStream_CreateSample
> returned: 80004001
> What's different about these machines?
>
> Should I take this to bugzilla? I know next to nothing about
> amstream. It is about streaming to audio or a DirectDraw surface.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd390909%28v=VS.85%29.aspx
>
> Regards,
>  Jörg Höhle
>
> Hi Jörg,

The difference is that I'm creating a test.avi symlink to an avi file in the
working directory before launching winetest.
This avi file is also used by tests/avisplitter.c (skip) and
tests/filtergraph.c (no skip) and I'm creating another msrle.avi symlink to
the same file to avoid skipping in tests/mmio.c.

The file used is ED_1024.avi from the Elephant Dream short film. As I'm
using winetest_latest.exe, I also need to use  the -d switch to be able to
skip the temp dir creation and put symlink in it.

BTW, tests/filtergraph.c also tries to use a test.mpg file (no skip), but I
didn't found one under CC when I added this to my automated test script.
I'll add one this evening now that I've just found
http://learn.creativecommons.org/.

--
Nicolas Le Cam