setupapi.dll: Call from 0x7b839292 to unimplemented function setupapi.dll.CM_Get_DevNode_Status (Crashing while running a USB production tool)

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:33:07 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 1/19/11 12:52 PM, Qian Hong wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Ricardo Filipe
>> <ricardojdfilipe at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> That should only need a stub to go forward (setupapi is already full of
>>> them).
>>> If you are not able to patch wine with a stub of that function then yeah,
>>> open a bug report.
>>
>> Thanks for reply :)
>> Reported here : http://goo.gl/FHely
>>

> Two things:
>
> ONE;  CEASE TOP POSTING IMMEDIATELY.  You have been told time and time again
> not to do this.  Please read RFC 1855 if you need to know why.

A quick search in my email doesn't show anyone telling Qian not to top
post. Of course it is discouraged, but no need to yell about it.

> TWO:  CEASE USING GOO.GL FOR SHORT URL POSTING.  We expect a full URL to the
> Wine Bugzilla to be posted here and it is preferred.

Again, no reason to yell. That said, Qian, please do post the full
url, bugzilla urls are not that long :-).

--
-Austin